How to return a product
For all EU customers:
You are entitled to cancel your order up to 14 days after receipt without notice. After the cancellation of your order you will have 14 days left to return your product. You will then be credited with the full order amount including shipping. Only the costs for returning from home to the webshop are at your own expense. These costs are around €6.95 per package in the Netherlands, check your carrier's website for exact rates for your country of origin.
If you make use of your right of withdrawal, the product will be returned to the vendor in the original condition and packaging with all supplied accessories and attached labels - if reasonably possible. To use this right, you can contact us at [email protected] We will then refund the due amount within 14 days after your return has been returned, provided that the product has already been returned in good order.
Always contact us first before returning products or use the "returns" option when you are logged in to your account under "My Account".
PLEASE NOTE: Return shipments without return number will not be processed and will be lost. Please use the contact form in the "customer service" menu to contact us or send an email directly to [email protected] if you have any questions.
Returns that are received late, have visible traces of wear or are damaged may be subject to a restocking/repair fee which will be deducted from your refund. For large orders (over 5 pairs) we may have to charge a handling fee for returns. Please contact us first for larger orders.
Made to measure products
For products purchased from this webshop that are custom made according to the specification you have entered, the right of withdrawal is not applicable. The sale is therefore final after successful payment. If a product is made-to-measure this is explicitly stated in the product information.
Returning products for NON-EU customers
- You have the same rights and obligations as EU customers except that we do not refund the original shipping costs, we only refund the product price you payed.
- You will have to pay for the shipping costs to return the product to our warehouse in the Netherlands.
- We do not refund any customs fees or VAT payed by you to your local custom office. Please contact your customs office to get a refund for any custom fees.
- For large orders over 5 pairs we may have to charge a handling fee for returns. Please contact us first if you order or return larger orders.
The Sanctum Shoes service team then will provide you with a reference number and an address to send the shoes back to us.
Please do not return shoes without contacting us first; your return shipment will certainly be lost without reference number and we can't exchange your shoes or return your money!!
Please also note:
- Shoes and gloves that are "made-to-order" or "made-to-measure" (custom made) CAN NOT be returned or exchanged. These shoes were made exactly to your specification, only for you. There is a 7 day period after ordering however the shoes in which it is still possible to cancel the your order.
- Shoes and gloves should be returned in their ORIGINAL BOX and with all labels provided still attached. Always put the original box in another box for return shipment. The original LABELS should be attached to the shoes by the SECURITY SEAL (see photos below). Once removed you cannot return the shoes, the labels cannot be attached again.
- Shoes and gloves can ONLY be returned if they are NOT in any way worn or used. Our shoes will show wear directly when used in the street. The outer soles should be undamaged. Please try the shoes only on a soft carpet only.
- Return shipment costs.You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund. Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you, may vary.
If you are shipping an item with a value over $75, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item.
- Exchanges. If you wish to exchange an item in size or colour please contact us by email via [email protected] Exchanges will only be possible if the item is available. Once we have received the original item, we will ship the exchange item. If you wish to exchange a purchase for a different item, we ask you to return it for credit and make a new separate order.
- Refund. Your refund will either be credited to the original purchaser's credit card or as credit to your Sanctum Shoes account.
If your order has been sent to a destination within the EU, all sales taxes will be refunded. Outside the EU, customs duties and sales taxes are non-refundable through Sanctum Shoes. However, you may be able to recover these by contacting your local customs bureau directly. As this may not be available for all countries, we recommend that you hire a customs broker if you wish to claim back duties on returned merchandise.
Please note card refunds may take up to 10 business days for your bank to complete, depending on their processing time. This can vary greatly between card issuers, and unfortunately we are unable to influence this.
If the item was marked as a gift when purchased and shipped directly to you, you’ll receive a gift credit for the value of your return. Once the returned item is received, a gift certificate will be mailed to you.
If the item wasn’t marked as a gift when purchased, or the gift giver had the order shipped to themselves to give to you later, we will send a refund to the gift giver and he will find out about your return.
The original packing and labels
Most of our shoes and boots have labels attached. Only remove these labels if you want to keep the shoes. Once the labels are removed, the shoes cannot be returned.